The Russian Cup is not the most popular football tournament in Russia. The new season has already started, at the end of September will the 1/16 finals will be held.
Who will win the Russian Cup?
The strongest teams of the country are traditionally called the cup favourites – Zenit, Spartak, Krasnodar, CSKA, Lokomotiv. But in recent years, Russian top clubs have shown less interest in this tournament. Last seasons campaign ended with the final between Tosno vs Avangard Kursk. But such football is much more interesting for the local football.
The exact date of the final is not determined yet. The Russian Cup final will be played in May.
Russian Cup Fixtures
- SKA Khabarovsk - Akhmat (26 September);
- Tyumen - CSKA (September 26);
- Nizhny Novgorod - Ufa (September 26);
- Avangard Kursk - Krasnodar (September 27);
- Tambov - Krylia Sovetov (28 September).